On the Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decision Making General

5 posters

Go down

Decision Making General Empty Decision Making General

Post by DefeatistElitist Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Michelangelo wrote:For talking about doing stuff.

Current (first) goings-on:
So it looks to me like there's a kinda-choice of either leaving for the spot to look for clues without saying anything, or reporting the elope story to the sheriff and then leaving for the spot, assuming that reporting the story doesn't actually change our immediate course of action.

Potential arguments for the former: chance of resolving the lovers' problems, if they have any, without crossing their stars further (and possibly getting into their good graces later), and keeping the chance of the information leaking low, should the eloping bit turn out to be sensitive information in who-knows-what-way (like in the eventuality the sheriff is in with the bandits, or anybody in town is connected to them, or whatever).

Potential arguments for the latter: getting in good with the sheriff (and possibly with the magistrate in turn), the vague possibility that he'd supply another suggestion/place to look/lead to follow if brought this information, pre-empting the awkward situation in which he/they'd later find out that we knew they eloped and didn't say so.

Mikey'd probably err on the side of having as close+good a relationship with the highest authority figures as possible, pending something else big comes up, for one, but we might not necessarily have to tell the sheriff now to get the daughter back later with all well. Any thoughts/leanings?
Pyotr wrote:definitely just leave to do things, i think it's a better course of action + possible coercion material, not to mention it'd come out eventually anyway
Michelangelo wrote:Well-taken, I can dig it
Stella wrote:so where shall we go then, train station or /special place/
Michelangelo wrote:I'm thinkin slash assumin /special place/

DefeatistElitist
Admin

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Decision Making General Empty Re: Decision Making General

Post by Michelangelo Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:44 am

Thanks for hanging onto the quotes, mon

So, what are you guys thinking about doing for the lizards? Knowledge checks, moving by, surveying the area, jumping into a fight, etc. All I got is religion and I guess history, and I guess insight.
Actually, insight sounds good

By the way, what kind of environment are we in? Still a desert, or a forest of some kind, or steppes/plains? Long grass, bushes and trees have me a little confused

Michelangelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanaba Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:07 am

Fight the Squigs yes or no

Nanaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyotr Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:09 pm

#kanyeshrug

Pyotr

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanaba Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:58 pm

GOBLIN SIGHTING

is this an encounter or do we ask the guy for directions

Nanaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelangelo Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:02 am

Doh sorry, should've checked here before going ahead
Had Mikey speak up because throwing diplomacy checks at everyone he sees is his bag (even if he's only kinda mediocre at it at the moment really), hope that doesn't fuck up anything

Michelangelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanaba Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:24 am

DefeatistElitist wrote:The goblin looks at Michelangelo warily and shades his eyes before stepping slowly forward.

"Who are you?" he asks in a guttural accent, "If you're looking for the two that stayed here, they're long gone. I followed them a little, you know. The bandits got them, so I ran back home."

So it really was bandits, then. What next? Asking if he knew anything about the bandits, or what direction the bandits fled off to?

Nanaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelangelo Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 am

The first thing that came to my mind was the latter, but asking about the bandits also sounds good.

Michelangelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelangelo Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Just to be 100% clear (again, paging redundancy department etc), I don't mean to give actual orders to you guys on what to do. Mick's just being bossy because he's like "I HAVE THE BEST IDEA." I myself would be 200% cool if everybody's characters decided to blow/tell him off or whatever.

Michelangelo

Back to top Go down

Post by sheikiebaby Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:17 pm

Don't you worry, I will blow everyone off in real rp time if I don't like a thing. And make all the decisions there, too.

sheikiebaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanaba Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:50 pm

So do we tie the fucker up and go back to bed now, or interrogate him or something?

Nanaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelangelo Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:09 pm

Right, Mick wants to tie him up (assuming at least one of us brought an adventurer's kit), drag him back to camp and enact some "diplomacy" on him in lieu of sleep, assuming reinforcements are coming.

Michelangelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum