ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:55 pm

(logs from the invisionfree forum)

Stella looked back at the others after they'd left the shack. I don't think we really got any good leads out of that. Nothing much to do besides going to where the sheriff said the magistrate's daughter and fiancé were.

"...So now what?"

Stepping out into the road, Michelangelo turned to Stella and drew a breath as if to respond, but then stopped and frowned in silence. Pacing from side to side, he resumed, as if partly to himself;

"The lovers eloped quietly, of their own will, and haven't been seen in the town since, to our knowledge. Oh, remind me, did she say they were last headed out to their personal spot, to the train, or first to one and then the other? It's no more than half a day's ride to the station, but they've been gone for days, and I'd think we'd have heard about it, or not been sent here at all, if they'd gotten there as planned. So, short of scouring all around the path back, the only obvious place to look for clues that comes to mind remains their picnic getaway."

Michelangelo came to a stop, eyes fixed forward, and lowered his voice;

"I do find it interesting that their friend first elected to keep their plan a secret from us, and that the sheriff didn't, to my recollection, mention such a possibility. I wonder if he, and the magistrate, would be interested to hear the story themselves. Though, I imagine that the lovers might in turn be less than pleased to be found out, should their plan be spoiled upon rescue."

"It does not matter," Pyotr laconically replied to the priest's mumbling. "Our job is to find the daughter of the magistrate. If the sheriff did not mention her little affair, it is probably because he does not know about it. I doubt he would hold any additional information."

"Besides," he added, "I don't give a shit. We're leaving."

Michelangelo drew himself up as Pyotr spoke, chin jutting out and eyes narrowing as he returned Pyotr's gaze.
"If that's your final answer, that's an acceptable course." He looked back up the road, towards the sheriff's office.

"But I wonder if things here aren't more precarious than you may realize, Pyotr," Michelangelo added, nearly under his breath.

And I won't pay for any mistake of yours, Earthsoul.
But I'll leave that unsaid.

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:47 pm

Stella's eyes left the bickering elf and priest. "...Well, shall we head to the picnic site?"

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Michelangelo jumped an inch in a minor fit of self-consciousness. "Oh, yes, of course. Can't think of any more reasons to delay us. The picnic it is. Right. Yes. Of course."
His toothy smile was back.

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:57 pm

You follow the road as you were directed, eventually sighting the plateau. The road continues around it, and you see a path leading upwards. As you begin to ascend, you survey the area, and as a few trees and bushes come into view, you notice several figures.

They are clearly not human, hunched over, and apparently browsing on long grass. They appear to be scaly quadrupeds.

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:01 am

[Making an Insight check, surveying the quadrupeds and the environment we're in, trying not to take any non-free actions/generally be inconspicuous:

Insight Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9 (+5 skill training, +4 wis mod)
Total: 22]


Michelangelo motions for the party to stop, and looks hard at the quadrupeds, trying to discern if they're a threat. He also tries to take in the area around them, and whether there's anything of note like a relevant or out-of-place-looking object nearby, anything hidden in current view, or any clear paths around the beasts.

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:59 am

OOC: I rolled a Nature check for Stella. For the interests of time, from now on when you encounter monsters I'll automatically roll knowledge checks for anyone with the appropriate skill and send that person the information, instead of waiting for somebody. I figure it's believable enough that you'd automatically be trying to figure out what these things are.

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:07 am

(OOC: The young are more mobile than the adults, and just being near them can lead to taking some nasty nips (they have a damaging aura that extends one square in every direction)
Since the young swarm, they are resistant to Melee and Ranged attacks, but vulnerable to Close and Area attacks)

I've only read about these things, since the Old World never had any wildlife like this. These are squigs. They don't eat us, but they're nasty and territorial. The adults are large enough to flatten us while the young can swarm us like vermin... I can see several adults, but with grass this tall, it's tough to see any young squigs...

"...I'd rather not fight those things, but if there are any traces of the couple still here, then we don't have much of a choice."

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Pyotr on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:27 pm

"I highly doubt a squig kidnapped our... target. I'd rather we look around. Though perhaps they got swarmed. In that case..." Pyotr shrugs in a manner reminiscent of a certain rapper/producer/fashion designer/creative genius/God from some alternate world. This is purely coincidental and no one appreciates the reference.

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:59 pm

"That's...not what I meant. If the couple left behind a map or journal here, we could get a good lead on where they went next..." Though if the couple got eaten, that would make our task a lot shorter.

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Michelangelo reached for his pistol in one hand, and readied his spear with the other.

"Yes, I believe there's a chance they may be sitting right on top of some unseen clue. And the idea of searching the area while they're still around sounds less than ideal besides- I must assume they're territorial."

Michelangelo leaned forward, his eyes darting around the group's faces and his pistol raised. "If none of us are any good with animals, I'm afraid I must suggest getting the drop on them."

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by sheikiebaby on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:18 pm

"Hell yeah!"

Dominic draws his revolver.

sheikiebaby

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:27 pm

...A battle it is, then. Stella readies her wand.

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:44 pm

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Bg2

Young Squigs: 22
Adult Squigs: 17
Pyotr: 17
Michelangelo: 14
Dominic: 10
Stella: 10

HOWEVER, you, the players, get a free Action (whatever type you want), in Initiative order, before the Squigs, since you've surprised them (Also have Combat Advantage for that round).  Green are young, orange are adults.

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Pyotr on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:08 pm

OOC: I'm gonna need your statsheet cause I'm out of town again.

Pyotr moves diagonally towards them an unspecified amount of squares because he forgets how many squares he can move.

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:28 pm

OOC: Your "normal" speed is 6 squares, which would leave about 10 spaces between you and them, but it's 8 if you run, which would leave like 8 between you and them, and grant them combat advantage (+2 to hit/attack rolls) until your next turn.
(Dunno what happens when they also run in moving towards you)


"Quick! Don't let him get surrounded!" Michelangelo advanced 6 diagonally after Pyotr (think that's standard/unencumbered human speed?), aimed and fired his revolver.

(Dex mod = -1 to ranged attack rolls, Combat advantage = +2, total attack mod = +1

Roll(1d20)+1:
18,+1
Total:19)

a personalk aside: holy shit:

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Stella fires a Magic Missile at the Young Squig at 48E for 6 dmg.

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Stella's Magic Missile Strikes one of the swarms of young, but doesn't do full damage. (The young take reduced damage from Ranged and Melee attacks, but increased damage from Area and Close attacks)

Status Summaries:

Code:

Name          |  HP  |Surges|
Young Squig 1 |  0   |  0   |
Young Squig 2 |  3   |  0   |
Adult Squig 1 |  0   |  0   |
Adult Squig 2 |  0   |  0   |
Pyotr         | 34/34| 10/10|
Michelangelo  | 26/26| 9/9  |
Dominic       | 25/25| 7/7  |
Stella        | 26/26| 9/9  |


DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by sheikiebaby on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Dominic shoots an orange thing.

1d20+7 → [13,7] = (20) +2 I guess

1d10+8 → [3,8] = (11)

2d6 → [3,3] = (6)


Last edited by sheikiebaby on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheikiebaby

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Dominic's hand blurs as he quickly snaps off a shot at one of the squigs, striking it in the shoulder.

Status Summaries:

Code:

Name          |  HP  |Surges|
Young Squig 1 |  0   |  0   |
Young Squig 2 |  3   |  0   |
Adult Squig 1 |  0   |  0   |
Adult Squig 2 |  17  |  0   |
Pyotr         | 34/34| 10/10|
Michelangelo  | 26/26| 9/9  |
Dominic       | 25/25| 7/7  |
Stella        | 26/26| 9/9  |


DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:14 pm

On Revan's confirmation:
Damage Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
Total: 4
(sorry, for the record targeting orange number 1)

(minor action) "I.. whoa, I actually-EhhuhhImean PERfECT YES"
Michelangelo holsters his pistol and steadies his spear with both hands.

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Two swarms of young squigs rush toward Pyotr and Michelangelo, biting and nipping them as they charged.  (16 and 14 damage respectively).  Their parents follow not long after, barreling towards you.  The first adult squig traces an arc, charging directly at Pyotr and blasting straight through the Genasi, trampling him to the ground before continuing it's charge at Michelangelo, who manages to leap out of the beasts way, stabbing its side with his spear (Opportunity Attack, 7 damage).  (Pyotr takes 20 damage, dropping him to unconsciousness, healing will put him to 0, then apply the healing, bringing him back up [bad luck for you there]).  The second parent makes a beeline for Dominic, who deftly sidesteps its rampage and clubs it with his revolver (Opportunity Attack, 7 damage, bloodies it).

Information You Guys Have Now:  The adults move 10 squares in a move action, the young move 6.

Status Summaries:

Code:

Name          |  HP  |Surges|
Young Squig 1 |  0   |  0   |
Young Squig 2 |  3   |  0   |
Adult Squig 1 |  11  |  0   |
Adult Squig 2 |  24  |  0   | Bloodied
Pyotr         | -2/34| 10/10| Unconscious
Michelangelo  | 12/26| 9/9  | Bloodied
Dominic       | 25/25| 7/7  |
Stella        | 26/26| 9/9  |

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Ywa

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:12 pm

"Pfhoo!" Michelangelo exhales heavily, and takes a wide stance.
"I refuse to be swept from history by vermin, thrown at me by some no-name no-man's-land in the middle of no-where, while performing an errand for a lackey, of a lackey, of a lackey of Haus!"

Michelangelo shifts 1 to the southwest (move), uses Divine Fortune (free), uses Moment of Glory (daily), and casts Healing Word (minor) on Pyotr.

[Divine Fortune: +1 to next attack roll
Moment of Glory: +4 wis mod, +1

(Orange 1) Roll(1d20)+5:
16,+5
Total:21

(Green 2) Roll(1d20)+5:
20,+5
Total:25

(Green 1) Roll(1d20)+5:
8,+5
Total:13

Close blast 5
Target: Each enemy in blast
Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: You push the target 3 squares and knock it prone.
Effect: You and each ally in the blast gain resist 5 to all damage until the end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: The effect persists.

Knocking any I hit north

Healing word on Pyotr spends a healing surge, plus recovers 1d6 additional hitpoints,* plus my wisdom modifier (4) in additional hitpoints (Healer's Lore).

*Roll(1d6)+0:
6,+0
Total:6]


Last edited by Michelangelo on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Michelangelo calls on the might of his god, sending the young squigs, as well as one of their parents tumbling backwards.  (They're pushed 3 spaces North and knocked prone).  Pyotr regains consciousness (and is at 18 HP).

It is now Pyotr's turn.
ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town 1nd

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Pyotr on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Within a space of time that was a little too short for comfort, Pyotr had been knocked out by a flying fucking lizard thing and then knocked back into consciousness by a really pissy priest. Shit is crazy. He goes up to the lizards (move to L58, between orange1 and green2) and he says to them, he says "Aguhhhghh why"

He decides speaking is too painful.

Instead, he does the fire shit.

Flame Cyclone:
Roll(1d20)+4:
5,+4
Total:9

Apparently, he's still barely conscious. It does jack shit to the first one. (GREEN2)

Roll(1d20)+4:
10,+4
Total:14

Does it hit? Probably not. (ORANGE)

Damage: Roll(1d8)+7:
6,+7
Total:13

His utter failure to ever get anything done dawns on him. "Holy shit," he tries to say. He fails at this too.

Pyotr stomps his foot on the ground in an extremely pathetic show of defeat.

Earthshock:

Roll(1d20)+5:
19,+5
Total:24

Like Goku, his powers shine through when he's nearest death. (GREEN)

Roll(1d20)+5:
11,+5
Total:16

He remembers he can do that. (ORANGE)

Squigs are knocked on they ass. Again? Double-knocked. Knock so hard muhfuckers wanna fine me.

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Pyotr lets loose a winding torrent of flame.  While it winds, however, it entirely misses the swarm of young Squigs, but scalds their parent badly.  It is bloodied. I assumed you didn't use Earthshock, since they're prone, tell me if you wanted to mark with your Aegis and we can retcon it in.

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town 6xi
Status Summaries:

Code:

Name          |  HP  |Surges|
Young Squig 1 |  0   |  0   |
Young Squig 2 |  3   |  0   |
Adult Squig 1 |  24  |  0   | Bloodied
Adult Squig 2 |  24  |  0   | Bloodied
Pyotr         | 18/34| 10/10| Unconscious
Michelangelo  | 12/26| 9/9  | Bloodied
Dominic       | 25/25| 7/7  |
Stella        | 26/26| 9/9  |



Last edited by DefeatistElitist on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum