ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:05 am

It speaks the language! Yet more small mercies to cherish.
"I- We, have been sent by a nearby town to return those two you speak of, yes. By 'got them,' do you mean the bandits took them alive, or that the two are dead now? Either way, we'd be grateful to find them. Can you tell us where the bandits went, or anything about the bandits in general?"

Michelangelo paused a moment.
"Also, when you say the two 'stayed' here, do you mean they were here long? Did you know them at all, by chance?"

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:32 am

"No, no, don't know them. Don't know the bandits either. Don't know if they're alive. I do know where the bandits camp though. Hard to find though, I can't just tell you where it is. Someone would have to show you."

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:04 am

"Can you take us there? I can guarantee your safety, and a show of thanks. If I may have your name?"

Michelangelo tries to read the goblin's body language for anything that could indicate its attitude, or allow him to extrapolate its motives.

Insight Roooollin:
Roll(1d20)+9:
15,+9
Total:24

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:43 pm

The goblin looks at you carefully.

"Yes, yes, I can take you. Very dangerous though, must be careful," he says, "Will you fight the bandits?"

"I am Mullabok, who are you?"

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Doesn't look like it's lying, at least.
"We'll be ready for it if necessary, I'm sure. We've run some of them off before."

Michelangelo bows his head. "I am Michelangelo, or Prior, if you prefer. I promise your safety in our company, Mullabok, and bid we leave as soon as you're able, if there are no objections."

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:35 pm

Stella's expression remains stoic and unreadable, but she is deep in thought. ...Hope this goblin doesn't give us the old Dolchstoss treatment.

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:05 am

"Yes, yes, I will come with you. The bandits have something I would like too. I will help you find them so you can drive them off."

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by sheikiebaby on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:07 pm

"Well well, look where help comes from. Almost like dropped on us by divine providence!"

Dominic snickers to himself while shaking his head and follows the stupid goblin.

sheikiebaby

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Mullabok waits for a few moments, then, satisfied you have finished, he disappears for a minute, returning with a lantern, which he affixes to the end of his walking stick/spear, and begins walking, before gesturing for you to follow.

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Stella warily follows.

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:14 pm

You fall into step behind Mullabok, as he leads you further down the road for a mile or two. The grass becomes gradually greener, and what looks like a forest looms ahead. Mullabok turns to you.

"Ahead is a swamp. Good land there, though not so good for humans. Things lurk in there. When we get in, be careful, follow my lamp, try to stay on the path. The bandit camp is not much further. They are on a hill on the other side of the swamp," says Mullabok, "They will see us when we emerge on the other side."

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:49 am

Having said little while following Mullabok along to this point, Michelangelo now began to frown slightly, scratching his moustache in thought.
"Now, not to say I've a problem following you through the swamp, Mullabok, but would we come out of the swamp to meet the bandits at a positional disadvantage? Say, at the base of the hill, with the bandits looking down on us?"

He attempted to gesture his thought across, raising one arm and fixing it in position, then lowering and rotating the other arm around it.
"I trust your judgement and experience in this place best, of course, but if we took a longer trek, perhaps veering off to a side of the path, could we could approach the bandits from any angle where they wouldn't see us coming?"

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:35 am

Mullabok turns to Michelangelo.

"No other way, you have to stay on the path," he says, "You're right though. Can't just walk into an ambush. Don't worry, stay just on the edge of the swamp, stay hiding in it. Then you can take a good look at where they are. Make a plan."

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Pyotr on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:47 pm

"We can talk to them. I'm not looking for a fight. I just want the brats. If they ask for a ransom..." Pyotr makes a vague shrugging gesture. "Intimidation, perhaps? We could always pay them from our pocket and demand the Sheriff compensation outside our reward."

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by sheikiebaby on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:01 pm

"Bunch of sissy talk..."

Dominic spits to the side.

sheikiebaby

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Pyotr on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:32 pm

"It's a bandit fucking country."

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:13 pm

LOGS:
Pyotr:
wow
Pyotr:
yo
Pyotr:
this is crazy
Stella:
awesome
Dominic:
lofask
Michelangelo:
is the screen black for everybody else or am I just blind
DefeatistElitist:
it should be black
DefeatistElitist:
but hey
Stella:
i'm assuming it's black since nothing's set up yet
DefeatistElitist:
if you fucked around and clicked other shit
Michelangelo:
(not trying to be sassy I swear)
Dominic:
lol
DefeatistElitist:
then
Michelangelo:
hoping I'm good to go den
DefeatistElitist:
alright
DefeatistElitist:
gimme a sec
DefeatistElitist:
je faite un erreur
DefeatistElitist:
alright, we should be good
DefeatistElitist:
so
DefeatistElitist:
you are at one edge of the swamp
DefeatistElitist:
having a nice chat with Mullabok
Dominic:
cool
DefeatistElitist:
what are you going to do now?
Dominic:
run to the other edge
Pyotr:
run?
Michelangelo:
suppose it won't do to jump in without a guide
Michelangelo:
(walk)
Stella:
caution will wun the day
Stella:
*win
Pyotr:
implying he isn't leading us to goblin gangbang country
Michelangelo:
implying my hand isn't on my holster
Pyotr:
fukken mullabok, i loved ye
Dominic:
lol
Dominic:
implying I'm not a skeleton
Pyotr:
spoopy skary skellingtons
Michelangelo:
oh by the way is a map up now
Michelangelo:
still black for me
DefeatistElitist:
not yet, I'll bring you guys to it
Michelangelo:
gotit
Pyotr:
right so, in character bullshitery?
DefeatistElitist:
when a combat starts
Stella:
we can just move however we want until an encounter starts right
Stella:
yeah
DefeatistElitist:
yeah
DefeatistElitist:
basically
DefeatistElitist:
I will only use the maps when there's combat or something
Michelangelo:
right on
Pyotr:
Pyotr remembers he is a thing that lives
Dominic:
Dominic annoys Michelangelo
Pyotr:
Pyotr belittles
Stella:
Stella thinks about how the fight will go once they emerge at the bandit's keep
Michelangelo:
In response to Pyotr's before comment: "..I would be in favor of that I suppose, but how much money do we *glowers at Dominic* have?"
Pyotr:
does /me work?
* Pyotr cock
Pyotr:
it does
* Michelangelo grumbles
Michelangelo:
roight
DefeatistElitist:
you have about as much as you started with
DefeatistElitist:
the Sherrif conveniently didn't pay you yet
* Dominic snickers and annoys Pyotr instead
Pyotr:
god bless the sheriff
Michelangelo:
"I actually didn't get off the train with very much in my pockets, sadly"
* Pyotr thinks of grabbing Dominic, reconsiders, shivers
Stella:
"...Is there anyone here who isn't flat broke?"
Pyotr:
"Haw haw."
* Michelangelo does not raise hand
Pyotr:
"I don't know. They're bandits. We'll seeeee...?"
Dominic:
"I used to be rich...but now I'm broke."
Dominic:
"Tryna get rich again."
* Dominic plays with his revolver
Pyotr:
"Tryna get rich or die tryin'?"
Pyotr:
(isss fiddy)
Dominic:
"Yeah g."
* Michelangelo laughs nervously
Pyotr:
"Right on dawg"
Stella:
thinking (...couldn't he have just joined the mafia at the port?"
* Dominic slaps Michelangelo on the back
Pyotr:
"Let's go."
Dominic:
"Sure fine whatever."
Dominic:
"Just so long as you don't plan to talk to them to death, I'm in."
* Dominic expectorates
Michelangelo:
"I'm sure we *HUP*.. don't want to keep our friend wait-oh I'm the last one okay whoop"
Pyotr:
"I'm gonna slash at their faces with my sweet bargaining words."
Michelangelo:
"You'd be surprised what a word or two can do, though, I must say"
Michelangelo:
"..like that"
DefeatistElitist:
Mullabok begins to lead you forward, into the swamp
DefeatistElitist:
it smells terrible
Pyotr:
"With you, a word or two is more like a library's worth."
Dominic:
"Haw."
DefeatistElitist:
You keep hearing noises coming from off the path, and the air is humid
Dominic:
"You'd be surprised, sonny, at what a bullet or two could do."
Pyotr:
Nature check?
* Michelangelo smiles insincerely, eyes narrow
Pyotr:
Anyone?
Dominic:
"Could do much more than a word does."
Stella:
i'll do the nature check
Pyotr:
"I know fire an' shit. It burns."
Stella:
24
Pyotr:
damn
* Michelangelo wheezes a little, attempts to be quiet about it
Michelangelo:
nice
DefeatistElitist:
This sounds like... bog standard stuff
DefeatistElitist:
you figure it's normal wildlife
Dominic:
lol
Pyotr:
coolbeans
Stella:
"...doesn't sound like we're going to be ambushed YET."
Pyotr:
"Mullabok. What's the bandit base hideout headquarters of operations like?
* Michelangelo perks up ears a little
DefeatistElitist:
"It's on flat hill. Cliffs are on the side. There's one path up, they have many tents, many small buildings. There are trees. They have supplies too."
DefeatistElitist:
"Many bandits."
Pyotr:
"One path up."
Stella:
"...can we sneak up during the night?"
Pyotr:
"Nope."
Pyotr:
"Bandits."
Michelangelo:
"Nope?"
Dominic:
"Sneakin' I can do...so long as it ends up with killin' too."
Stella:
(come on Stella, you remember being on night watch a few years back...)
Pyotr:
"Maniac."
DefeatistElitist:
"There will be many bandits to kill"
DefeatistElitist:
"I can promise you that"
Dominic:
"Good. I'm gettin' a lil' bored here with all this talk of talk."
Pyotr:
"Let's not get hasty now"
Pyotr:
bandits are friends, not food
* Michelangelo fidgets a little RE Mullabok, tries not to show again
Michelangelo:
"I suppose there's nothing I can add until we get there.."
* Dominic grunts
* Pyotr darts a glance to Michelangelo
* Pyotr it says shut yer yapper
Stella:
(Nice swamp they've got here...it'd be a shame if it burned to the ground."
Stella:
*)
* Michelangelo shit-eating grin gets wider, more nervous
DefeatistElitist:
You continue through the swamp with Mullabok, and quickly arrive near the edge of it. He motions to you to be quiet, and shows you where you can peer through the undergrowth the view the bandit camp
* Michelangelo squints
Pyotr:
"Please don't shoot"
Dominic:
brb dump
Pyotr:
"just yet"
* Stella readies her wand
Pyotr:
"no"
Pyotr:
"no put that wand down"
Stella:
"...fine..."
Pyotr:
"Priest. Show me your word or two."
Michelangelo:
"she's just preparing, lad, steady on"
* Michelangelo continues squinting
Michelangelo:
oh
Pyotr:
i negotiate with terrorists if possible at all
Michelangelo:
"My.. word? You mean cast a prayer here, or.."
Pyotr:
"I mean, they have them, right?"
Pyotr:
"Probably."
Pyotr:
"but you're not even sure."
Pyotr:
"So you'd rather charge in"
Michelangelo:
"You mean what I plan to say to them?"
Pyotr:
"kill a bunch of them
Pyotr:
"and maybe look for them who knows?"
Michelangelo:
"Oh no not at all, I'm just not clear what you mean to ask"
Pyotr:
"Do the talky thing"
Stella:
oh so on this map, we're in the bottom left corner?
DefeatistElitist:
yes
Michelangelo:
".. I can do the talky thing, but it'd be nice if we could find out the circumstances of their imprisonment, if they're still alive"
Michelangelo:
"And here"
Michelangelo:
"Dominic, might you be able to do some snooping?"
DefeatistElitist:
As you look at the bandit camp, Mullabok turns to you
Michelangelo:
"Undetected, if at all possible"
DefeatistElitist:
"Something is wrong."
Pyotr:
"No shooting! He said snooping. He did not say shooting."
DefeatistElitist:
"Not enough bandits"
DefeatistElitist:
"Usually many more bandits are here."
Pyotr:
"that sounds good to me really"
DefeatistElitist:
"Look, they only have one fire. Usually there are many."
Michelangelo:
"OH heaven yes not shoot- oh"
Pyotr:
"what's wrong with that"
Stella:
"...I don't like the sound of this..."
DefeatistElitist:
"It means the bandits could be somewhere else"
Pyotr:
"yeah"
* Michelangelo squints harder, just barely still in cover
Michelangelo:
do any of us have low-light vision
Pyotr:
"With... our targets, I suppose? Lying in ambush? Having a big wank out in the badlands?"
Stella:
Stella can cast light up to 5 squares away from us
DefeatistElitist:
As you peer forward, you see that there is evidence of some sort of struggle
DefeatistElitist:
People have obviously been running around in a panic hear recently
DefeatistElitist:
Or at least running around
Pyotr:
"Well."
Pyotr:
"That is interesting."
Michelangelo:
"..I wonder if they're in a mood to talk"
* Pyotr flexes
DefeatistElitist:
They seem to be cooking something
Pyotr:
is it our chick
DefeatistElitist:
you can't tell from this distance
DefeatistElitist:
It's certainly not a whole person though
DefeatistElitist:
Maybe part of one, you have no idea
Pyotr:
"Why don't we sit down with those lovely people and have a nice chat?"
Pyotr:
nightmarre is taking a dump though
Michelangelo:
"Dominic, perhaps you could lie in wait, just in case they can't be reasoned with, and the rest of us could step forward and talk to them?"
Pyotr:
lol
DefeatistElitist:
Now you're playing with Party Politics
Michelangelo:
(doh forgot)
DefeatistElitist:
No, no, remember, it's the perfect time
DefeatistElitist:
when ideological opponents are absent, that's when you ram through crucial party policy decisions
Stella:
"...I could wait here, too."
Pyotr:
"priest let's do this"
* Pyotr emerges
Michelangelo:
"The appearance of- oh god"
* Michelangelo follows
Stella:
so I guess me and Dominic will back you guys up
Stella:
if something comes up
* Pyotr approaches gentlemen
DefeatistElitist:
You can move your tokens now
DefeatistElitist:
grab and drag the one labeled for you
Pyotr:
i have no such thing
Pyotr:
i lie
Pyotr:
i do
DefeatistElitist:
WOO HOO HOO
Pyotr:
"Uh! Hello."
DefeatistElitist:
By now the bandits see you
Pyotr:
"Excuse us."
Michelangelo:
do you right click to move-oh shit
DefeatistElitist:
The bandits approach
DefeatistElitist:
you click and drag
Michelangelo:
"Hello!"
* Michelangelo grin intensifies
Stella:
i'll just move next to Nightmarre for now
Pyotr:
"Hello! Hello."
DefeatistElitist:
"Hello", says the bandit, warily
DefeatistElitist:
"What do you want?"
Michelangelo:
by the way are we closer to the camp here
* Michelangelo looks at Pyotr
Pyotr:
"priest"
DefeatistElitist:
??
DefeatistElitist:
"Michelangelo: by the way are we closer to the camp here"
DefeatistElitist:
what does this mean
* Michelangelo looks at bandit, draws breath
Michelangelo:
just asking if we're facing the bandits
Michelangelo:
or if we're like off to the side
DefeatistElitist:
yeah, you're assumed to be facing whatever direction
Pyotr:
"We are looking for a couple. We are wondering if you have seen two people that might fit the description"
DefeatistElitist:
you can see the bandits
DefeatistElitist:
they are on the map
Dominic:
"Sure thing."
* Dominic lies in wait
Michelangelo:
"Also, we're wondering if you need any assistance? Looks like some damage was done around here"
DefeatistElitist:
"Hah," says the bandit, "I know who you're talking about. I don't suppose you've come to ransom them, hey?"
Pyotr:
"Ransom?"
Pyotr:
"Oh dear!"
* Pyotr gee whiz
DefeatistElitist:
"Well, that's why were keeping them, planned to sell'em back to the townies."
* Pyotr was not expecting that at all
Pyotr:
"I see. Shit went down, huh?"
* Pyotr loses demeanor
DefeatistElitist:
"You can tell, hey?"
Pyotr:
"What happened?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Yeah, damned insects rose up from the swamp last night"
DefeatistElitist:
"Huge bloodsucking flying things"
Pyotr:
"Insects."
Pyotr:
"They... trashed your camp."
* Michelangelo eyes widen
DefeatistElitist:
"Hit the camp in the middle of the night, we had no idea things like that existed"
DefeatistElitist:
"Well, they didn't do the trashing"
Stella:
(...is he bullshitting us?)
Michelangelo:
I can roll an insight thing
DefeatistElitist:
"The trashing was the good for nothing, ungrateful wretches under my command"
Michelangelo:
?
Pyotr:
"I know such a feeling"
DefeatistElitist:
"One sign of a giant mosquito trying to drain you of your fluids and they run rampant"
DefeatistElitist:
Yes you can roll insight
Michelangelo:
Roll(1d20)+9: 7,+9 Total:16
DefeatistElitist:
You don't think he's lying
Michelangelo:
(doh)
Pyotr:
"See, it doesn't look like that's all that happened, man."
* Michelangelo looks at Pyotr with a "seems like it" expression
DefeatistElitist:
"Heh, well"
Michelangelo:
(before he said that last line)
Pyotr:
can i get a closer look at what theyre cooking from here
DefeatistElitist:
"After that, they started getting antsy. everybody was up in a panic"
DefeatistElitist:
You can't really
* Michelangelo giggles. Antsy.
DefeatistElitist:
"A group of'em got it into their heads to run off"
Pyotr:
"Sorry, mind if we sit down over there? I'm getting dragged down with all this swamp shit
DefeatistElitist:
"I was trying to stop them of course, but the damned fools wouldn;t listen"
DefeatistElitist:
"I don't mind at all, come on up"
Michelangelo:
"I'll, stand, if that's all right, thank you"
DefeatistElitist:
"Anyway, in all the disturbance, my prisoners dissapeared"
Pyotr:
from here?
DefeatistElitist:
"Don't know if they escaped, or got taken by my men. Maybe they even got eaten, though I'd think we'd find their drained husks in that case"
Pyotr:
its probably just a thing
DefeatistElitist:
It looks like beef
Michelangelo:
arr I can't see pyotr on the map
DefeatistElitist:
though
Pyotr:
fuck dammit
DefeatistElitist:
you do see what looks like a MASSIVE bloated reddish THINGs corpse being cooked
Pyotr:
"Drained. Husks."
DefeatistElitist:
it's three times the size of your head
DefeatistElitist:
and has a horrible proboscis
Pyotr:
"That big?"
Michelangelo:
pyotr where'd you move to
Pyotr:
check in front of the bandits
Dominic:
sounds like the Demon's Souls bugs
Michelangelo:
danke
DefeatistElitist:
"Anyway, I scared'em off by lighting a few fires, running around with torches"
DefeatistElitist:
"By the time I got rid of'em though, it was only us few remaining"
Dominic:
"Hear that...? Not a problem at all..."
Pyotr:
"I don't want to meet these bugs!"
* Dominic gets antsy and starts stroking his holstered revolver
Dominic:
I know this sounds sexual but
DefeatistElitist:
Michelangelo thinks that the last statement is not entirely honest
Pyotr:
lmao
Pyotr:
go for it
Michelangelo:
pyotr's or the bandit's
DefeatistElitist:
bandit's
Pyotr:
lol
Pyotr:
"Right so, if that's all..."
Michelangelo:
"Is that so. Your fellows all buried or wasted, then?" (raised eyebrow)
Michelangelo:
"Not around here?"
Pyotr:
"priest"
DefeatistElitist:
"Well, no, I think most of them left"
* Michelangelo looks at Pyotr like wHAT
DefeatistElitist:
"A couple died, but we just tossed'em in the bog"
DefeatistElitist:
"They woulda done the same to us
Stella:
"...hm, we could've passed some of this guy's henchmen lying in wait in the swamp..."
Pyotr:
"Well, actually!"
Pyotr:
"Do you have anything that belonged to the prisoners?"
Pyotr:
"Like a rag or something."
Michelangelo:
by the way, did you mean that the "most of our guys died" or "scared them off with fires" part was dishonest maybe
Pyotr:
"We have a guy like a hound"
Dominic:
"Still ain't too late to start lookin'..."
DefeatistElitist:
"Yeah, I do, got a little chest here, was full of money. I took all the money of course, but you can have the chest"
DefeatistElitist:
"A simple wooden thing, shouldn't be worth much"
* Michelangelo slaps the back of Pyotr's head
Pyotr:
"helpful"
* Michelangelo lightly
Stella:
where are you guys i don't see your icons
* Pyotr grips his rapier
* Dominic looks about the swamp to find people maybe
Pyotr:
hiss
DefeatistElitist:
The he only has few guys left part was dishonest Michelangelo
Michelangelo:
danke
Pyotr:
"Oh dear lord"
DefeatistElitist:
they're way further up
Pyotr:
"What is that thing on the fire"
DefeatistElitist:
by the bushed and bandits
DefeatistElitist:
"That, my son"
DefeatistElitist:
"That, is one of the things that attacked our camp"
Pyotr:
do these things live in yero
DefeatistElitist:
"You haven't tested your mettle until you keep your dinner in with four of those things flying at your neck"
Pyotr:
would a resident of yero know
DefeatistElitist:
no
Pyotr:
cool
DefeatistElitist:
They like warm swampy environments
DefeatistElitist:
not cold forested types
Pyotr:
"You're cooking it"
DefeatistElitist:
"They're nutritious"
DefeatistElitist:
"I think"
DefeatistElitist:
"Either way, waste not want not, always been my motto"
Pyotr:
"Good... good motto"
DefeatistElitist:
"It's probably full of my blood though"
Pyotr:
"You're replenishing."
DefeatistElitist:
"But in the end, that makes it recycling, doesn't it?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Harrhar, great minds think alike"
Michelangelo:
"I suppose you're of no mind to give the money back."
Pyotr:
"ha haha ha"
DefeatistElitist:
The bandit looks at you like you're soft in the head
Pyotr:
"He's a joker"
Michelangelo:
"Can't blame a man for asking" (smiles)
Pyotr:
"this one"
Stella:
oops
Pyotr:
"I suppose you will very much mind if we take a look around?"
Pyotr:
what was that shit mocing about
DefeatistElitist:
"Go ahead, but keep in mind if you try to take anything, I'm going to have to kill you"
Pyotr:
is that brs
Stella:
hence the oops
DefeatistElitist:
"Oh, before you head off, I forgot, there was something else on them"
Pyotr:
"I would never"
Pyotr:
Oh?
Pyotr:
" " *
DefeatistElitist:
"In the girls pocket, three little stones, looks like they've got some crude letters carved in'em"
DefeatistElitist:
"Must be like goblin or something, fuckin' savages"
Pyotr:
"Do you have 'em?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Anyway, you can have them"
DefeatistElitist:
He hands them to Pyotr
Pyotr:
"Thanks a bunch"
Pyotr:
"How about that chest?"
Pyotr:
"Where is it?
DefeatistElitist:
He motions for one of his bandits to grab it
Michelangelo:
"You might be the most agreeable bandit I've ever met! If you don't mind my saying so."
Pyotr:
"that's rude"
DefeatistElitist:
The bandit hands over the chest
Michelangelo:
"oh I'm sure he knows"
DefeatistElitist:
"Well, I'm not exactly in a position to be demanding tribute right now am I?"
DefeatistElitist:
"You've caught me at a bad moment"
* Pyotr inspects the chest quickly
* Michelangelo smiles
DefeatistElitist:
"Well, I guess a good moment from your perspective"
Michelangelo:
"Good man!"
DefeatistElitist:
The chest has been dutifully picked clean
DefeatistElitist:
it's empty
Michelangelo:
"Smart man."
Pyotr:
carvings? on the sides? insides?
Michelangelo:
brb bathroom
DefeatistElitist:
No carvings
DefeatistElitist:
it's a very simple wooden chest
DefeatistElitist:
more like a box really
DefeatistElitist:
it has a clasp
DefeatistElitist:
but no lock
Pyotr:
can i actually look around
DefeatistElitist:
yes
DefeatistElitist:
do you just want to do a general search
DefeatistElitist:
or look for something specific
Pyotr:
check every house i go near to i guess
Pyotr:
hut
Pyotr:
thing
DefeatistElitist:
Alright
Pyotr:
brb food sorry lol
Michelangelo:
back
DefeatistElitist:
No problem
Dominic:
lol
Michelangelo:
*makes conversation w/bandit, because there's no way that can go wrong*
Michelangelo:
"If I may ask, did anything in particular drive you and your fellows to banditry?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Have you seen what fucking passes for a city around here?"
Michelangelo:
"if there was any common thing, that is"
DefeatistElitist:
"How about a farm?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Hell, how about the police?"
DefeatistElitist:
"You think they can stop us?"
Michelangelo:
"I see your point, but a civilization has to start somewhere, you know"
DefeatistElitist:
"Taking peoples stuff is a lot easier than getting it on your own"
Michelangelo:
"Not in for that sort of thing, I take it"
DefeatistElitist:
"Yeah, well, come let me know when someone manages to start it out here"
Michelangelo:
"If I did find you something better to do with your time, might you actually take me up on that?"
* Michelangelo smiles
DefeatistElitist:
"Look, I'm a reasonable man, but I don't see how the government can expect people not to turn to crime out here"
DefeatistElitist:
"Perhaps"
Michelangelo:
"Do tell, I've scarcely felt its hand since we got here"
DefeatistElitist:
Exactly
DefeatistElitist:
"Exactly"
Stella:
"...this continent's full of monstrous wildlife..."
DefeatistElitist:
"There's no enforcement, barely any oversight"
DefeatistElitist:
"They send out settlers and they send out funds and goods sometimes"
Michelangelo:
"Must be frustrating. Except in your current line of work, of course"
DefeatistElitist:
"And they expect us to provide them with new cities and an expanding frontier"
DefeatistElitist:
"Much easier to just take that money, and take the goods, make life for myself, you know?"
Michelangelo:
"where do the funds go to, if you know? to the people who need it, or to line the pockets of already-rich men?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Theoretically to pay the wages of the public employees, to pay off those the government owes, and to provide for material needs that the town can't get on its own"
DefeatistElitist:
"In practice they just sort of blindly fling money"
DefeatistElitist:
"I mean, think about it, what fucking use is money out here really?"
DefeatistElitist:
"You know, we want it, but that's only because they keep dealing in it"
Michelangelo:
"Did you come here thinking it would be used for something better? Or were you born here?"
DefeatistElitist:
"I don't know what I was expecting out here, but pretty quickly I found out how things were. I figured it was sink or swim, and I wasn't going to spend my life scraping a living out of some parched parcel of land just so some pencil pusher back on the coast can add a couple miles to the border"
DefeatistElitist:
"I've just got no motivation you know"
Michelangelo:
"You'll forgive me if I'm sceptical that a man would cross oceans to steal for a living, though"
Michelangelo:
"knowingly, at least"
DefeatistElitist:
"Well, I was born in Haus, to be fair, but either way, they don't tell you it's going to be awful"
DefeatistElitist:
"What they tell you is, Free Land, Free Crops, Freedom"
Michelangelo:
"Apparently not." (looks to side, makes grumbly noise)
DefeatistElitist:
"Bullshit like that"
DefeatistElitist:
"I mean, yeah, you can get a good parcel of land for free, but what do they expect me to do with it, subsistence farming?"
DefeatistElitist:
"A few people got ranches going, but I'm not partaking in any agriculture until there's some supporting infrastructure"
Michelangelo:
"I suppose there's not much industry to be set up on your own, least not without help you don't look to be getting?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Can't a man get a decent canal?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Preach it, brother"
* Dominic dozes off
Michelangelo:
'me smiles
Michelangelo:
"It may not mean much to you, but I'll remember what you've told me. May I have your name?"
* Michelangelo mentally slaps whoever that was in the back of the head
* Michelangelo lightly
DefeatistElitist:
"My name is Rob, Rob Sharp"
DefeatistElitist:
"Well, Robert Sharp really, they mostly call me Rob Blind though, 'cause I'll rob you blind," he says, laughing
* Michelangelo laughs just a bit harder than the joke was funny
Michelangelo:
"You're all right, Rob. Michelangelo, for my part, by the way."
DefeatistElitist:
'Same to you, Mick. Mind if I call you Mick?"
Michelangelo:
"I like it!"
DefeatistElitist:
"Suits you"
DefeatistElitist:
"Anyway, your pal over there has been standing in place staring at the side of that tent for a while, you think we should seek medical attention"
* Dominic mumbles incoherently in his sleep
DefeatistElitist:
Okay, he doesn't actually say that last one
Dominic:
lol
Dominic:
hahahaha
* Michelangelo though trying to keep it inconspicuous, eyes occasionally wander to what Pyotr's doing
Michelangelo:
(pff)
DefeatistElitist:
(Pyotr is theoretically searching the place during this)
DefeatistElitist:
I will report his findings when he gets back
DefeatistElitist:
literally
Dominic:
lol
Michelangelo:
what do the bandits look like, by the way
Michelangelo:
just for my edification
DefeatistElitist:
They're mostly dressed in long coats, and are in various degrees of unshavenness
DefeatistElitist:
They look dirty, but don't really smell
Michelangelo:
all human?
DefeatistElitist:
They all have pistols, and most of them have swords
DefeatistElitist:
all human
Michelangelo:
danke
* Pyotr is back
DefeatistElitist:
Pyotr
DefeatistElitist:
you missed Michelangelo discussing local politics with the bandit at length
Pyotr:
i read all that
Michelangelo:
I'm sure he's just crushed
DefeatistElitist:
anyhow
DefeatistElitist:
You've been searching
Pyotr:
What did i find
DefeatistElitist:
and have found pretty much nothing of interest, a few horses in some of the tents, some crates of supplies, some guns
DefeatistElitist:
Nothing out of the ordinary for bandits, or suspicious
Pyotr:
"Nothing out of place."
Michelangelo:
"such as it is"
Pyotr:
"Right!"
Pyotr:
"We'll ge gettin' the fuck out of here now"
Pyotr:
be*
Michelangelo:
"Thank you for your time, Rob! Hope ot see you around in better times!"
Michelangelo:
*to
DefeatistElitist:
"You too, Mick!"
Pyotr:
"Rob? Mick?"
* Pyotr grins like michelangelo
Michelangelo:
"'sis name. what. don't give me that.
Michelangelo:
"
* Michelangelo attempts to slap him in the back of the head but he's already gone
Michelangelo:
"get back here"
Pyotr:
now that im out of sight
DefeatistElitist:
well group
* Dominic still dozing
DefeatistElitist:
you succesfully solved that situation without combat!
* Pyotr checks the chest for seeeeecrit puches
DefeatistElitist:
enjoy 100 XP
Michelangelo:
woo
DefeatistElitist:
No secret pouches found
Pyotr:
"goddammit"
Pyotr:
"this is a piece of shit"
Stella:
"...so no sign of the couple, eh..."
Pyotr:
"no! we do!"
Stella:
we're at 425 now right
Pyotr:
" a chest and a coupla stone"
Pyotr:
"The chest's empty"
DefeatistElitist:
Mullabok perks up
Pyotr:
"The stones are..."
Michelangelo:
(at dominic) "Oh knock it off, we would've backed you up if you had to sate your trigger finger, you know that, right?"
DefeatistElitist:
"The stones, what did they look like"
Pyotr:
"I don't know what the stones are."
DefeatistElitist:
"Let me see them"
* Dominic still sleeping
* Michelangelo a bt puffy
* Pyotr holds them up, out of reach
Michelangelo:
"Brlbrbmph."
DefeatistElitist:
"AH!"
* Michelangelo minorly fumes
* Pyotr closes hand
Pyotr:
"Whup!"
DefeatistElitist:
"Those are my stones. You see, I dropped them when those first humans startled me"
Pyotr:
"What do you have to tell us about them stones?"
DefeatistElitist:
"They picked them up, and left, so I followed them"
DefeatistElitist:
"Then, the bandits got them"
DefeatistElitist:
"They're magic"
DefeatistElitist:
"They're magic stones"
* Dominic shifts a little and mumbles
Michelangelo:
"Did they think to do anything w/ho"
Michelangelo:
*w- ho"
Pyotr:
"They're your magic stones?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Yes"
* Michelangelo looks at Pyotr w/no particular expression
Pyotr:
"Well! We got your stones!"
Pyotr:
"Gods bless."
DefeatistElitist:
"Yes. Can I have them?"
Pyotr:
"We had a big mighty scary chat for these stones."
Stella:
"..."
DefeatistElitist:
"Yes, but you can't make the magic work"
Michelangelo:
(whispers) has messing with a goblin hermit never backfired for you"
DefeatistElitist:
"Only goblins can"
Michelangelo:
*@ pyotr
DefeatistElitist:
"Only skilled magicians"
Pyotr:
"Well I am a skilled magician
Pyotr:
arcana check?
Stella:
"...maybe he'll help us with a good spell if we just give the stones back?"
DefeatistElitist:
roll a d20
* Michelangelo looks at Pyotr like "really"
Pyotr:
Roll(1d20)+9: 13,+9 Total:22
DefeatistElitist:
Pyotr is pretty sure he could use the magical energy of the stones
Pyotr:
"lookit that."
Michelangelo:
(I am not actively trying ot discourage Pyotr jsut being in character etc)
* Pyotr hands them to the goblin with a smile
* Pyotr a big doofus smile
DefeatistElitist:
"Excellent"
DefeatistElitist:
"Yes, thank you"
* Michelangelo grins like his face is about to split
DefeatistElitist:
"You are good, even though you aren't goblins"
DefeatistElitist:
"I have decided"
DefeatistElitist:
"I will help you find those humans"
Pyotr:
"Hey, thanks!"
Stella:
"Thank you..."
Pyotr:
"I've heard goblins are really kind."
DefeatistElitist:
"You are in luck, I am the greatest tracker I know!"
Stella:
(I feel bad for doubting him now..."
Michelangelo:
"Your help will be most appreciates, by us and them, I assure you"
* Michelangelo bows a bit over-dramatically
Michelangelo:
*appreciated
DefeatistElitist:
"What did the bandit man tell you about them?"
DefeatistElitist:
"Where did they go?"
Pyotr:
"Ah, shit. He doesn't know."
Pyotr:
"Probably."
DefeatistElitist:
"Did they escape?"
Pyotr:
"Says they took off, or maybe they were took off."
Michelangelo:
"Into the swamp, wasn't it? Or was it not"
DefeatistElitist:
Mullabok thinks for a few moments
Michelangelo:
"Insects attacked, anyway"
Pyotr:
"I have a chest. That was theirs. At some point."
DefeatistElitist:
"If they went alone into the swamp, well, we might find their remains"
Pyotr:
"If it helps."
DefeatistElitist:
"But, if they were taken, I think I know where the bandits would take them"
Pyotr:
"Remains are good enough, I guess"
Michelangelo:
"And they may've been losti n the chaos"
Michelangelo:
"That sounds good too though!"
DefeatistElitist:
"Yes, if we return, I will watch carefully in the swamp. Help me if you can, we must look for signs of them leaving the path"
Pyotr:
Pyotr is feeling obnoxiously cheerful for a man in a swamp with a goblin and some bandits just around the corner
Dominic:
lol
Pyotr:
insight/perception checks all around!
Pyotr:
god bless america
Michelangelo:
I'll do that
DefeatistElitist:
If somebody makes a Nature check too, that will boost the chance of success
Michelangelo:
Roll(1d20)+9: 3,+9 Total:12
Stella:
INSIGHT 13
Michelangelo:
bugger
Stella:
NATURE 21
Michelangelo:
nice
DefeatistElitist:
Anyone else have Perception?
Michelangelo:
(mine was insight)
DefeatistElitist:
Perception is usually the one you want for physical things
Pyotr:
try with perception?
Dominic:
insight roll got a perfect 20
Dominic:
+5
Michelangelo:
hopy heck
DefeatistElitist:
your insight gives you unprecedented revelations of the meaning of life
Michelangelo:
that last like a minute, right
Pyotr:
"you look awfully pensative"
Dominic:
lol
DefeatistElitist:
until you are jolted back into reality by stepping in what you hope is swamp muck
Pyotr:
perception check:
Pyotr:
Roll(1d20)+0: 17,+0 Total:17
Pyotr:
you can't make ths shit up
Dominic:
perception got me 11 + 5
Stella:
Roll(1d20):
Stella:
Roll(1d20)+3:
Michelangelo:
rolled perception, then nature
Michelangelo:
Roll(1d20)+4: 20,+4 Total:24 Roll(1d20)+4: 5,+4 Total:9
Pyotr:
oh that formatting shit we do is from an online dice roller
Michelangelo:
I mean the latter order
Pyotr:
it comes up like that in the result
Michelangelo:
yep!
Michelangelo:
I mean
Michelangelo:
the nature roll was the 24
Michelangelo:
(as an aside: ho py he ck)
DefeatistElitist:
As you move through the Swamp, you watch carefully, as Stella and Michelangelo explain to you the fascinating ecology and plant life of the area
Pyotr:
lmao
Pyotr:
goddammit
Stella:
(sounds a bit out of character for Stella lol)
DefeatistElitist:
Somehow this knowledge increases your perceptive skills
Dominic:
lol
DefeatistElitist:
Stella does it through body language
* Michelangelo shows no signs of being out of breath
Stella:
ahaha
DefeatistElitist:
Several times, you notice something, and point it out to Mullabok
Pyotr:
"This is a Froguris Manachrys" said stella with hey eyebrows and shoulder positioning
Dominic:
lol
DefeatistElitist:
On each occasion, he agrees that somebody has passed there, but a brief detour returns an armed corpse, presumably a bandit
Michelangelo:
should we search it
* Dominic presumably awake and with the group now, scavenges the bandit corpses for ammunition
Pyotr:
"Dominic, there's a corpse there, and I assume you are familiar with those."
DefeatistElitist:
Searching the corpses turns up little of interest, other than the weapons and ammunition (each has a pistol, and there are sixty rounds between them), except the last corpse
Pyotr:
"Do you mind taking a close look."
Dominic:
"Hell yeah I am."
Dominic:
"What does it look like I'm doing, dumbass?"
Pyotr:
"it looks like you're being a cunt"
* Michelangelo peers, interested but just vaguely squeamish
* Dominic takes all the ammunition
* Michelangelo stifles a larf
Dominic:
"Yeah well...I got nothin'."
DefeatistElitist:
On the last corpse, Dominic notices his boots are nice
DefeatistElitist:
very nice
Dominic:
"You're still a dumbass though."
DefeatistElitist:
the corpses
Dominic:
"Oh, nice boots."
Michelangelo:
hahaha
* Dominic takes the boots as well and tries them on
Pyotr:
"Nice boots?"
Pyotr:
"No"
Pyotr:
"ew"
* Pyotr inspects the boots
DefeatistElitist:
The boots fit him nicely, and he feels lighter on his feet
Pyotr:
what do they look like
Pyotr:
are they important to the quest at all
Michelangelo:
blue suede?
DefeatistElitist:
They look velvet, though it's hard to tell through the muck
Pyotr:
are they just boots of being fast
Dominic:
"Yee-haw! I feel mighty fine in these."
DefeatistElitist:
They are Acrobat Boots
DefeatistElitist:
enchanted boots!
DefeatistElitist:
they'll give the wearer a +1 bonus to Acrobatics Checks
DefeatistElitist:
but also let you stand up from Prone as a Minor Action instead of as a Move Action
Michelangelo:
congrats mang
* Dominic flips around everywhere
Pyotr:
"those boots were on a corpse in a swamp, man"
* Michelangelo follows with eyes
Dominic:
"So?"
Pyotr:
"nothin"
* Michelangelo claps despite himself
Stella:
"..."
Dominic:
"Yeah, I thought so."
Pyotr:
"can we move on"
Pyotr:
"Was there anything else on the corpse of note?
* Michelangelo finally stops clapping
Dominic:
"None of your business."
* Dominic moves along
DefeatistElitist:
You also find some nice jewelry on the last bandit, seems like he was quite the player
Pyotr:
"yes it is"
Pyotr:
"it is exactly my business fuck"
DefeatistElitist:
Several jeweled rings, and a golden necklace
* Dominic takes the jewellery too
DefeatistElitist:
3 rings
Pyotr:
"That's not a bandit is it"
Dominic:
"I told ya I'm gonna be rich, you didn't believe me."
Michelangelo:
(thinks "I believe, I believe!")
Pyotr:
inspect the jewellry closely
* Michelangelo stifles self so as not to seem too puppy-like
Pyotr:
" " *
* Dominic inspects the jewellery a little I guess
DefeatistElitist:
It does not appear magic, and you can't estimate its value too well, not being expert jewellers, and considering it is covered in muck and you are in a dark swamp
Pyotr:
"on second thought maybe it isn't our target?"
Dominic:
"Aw to heck with it. I ain't listenin' to you ever again."
Pyotr:
"Maybe just the shief bandit."
* Stella casts light to help see the jewelery.
DefeatistElitist:
You figure you could make at least 100 bucks off each piece though
Pyotr:
"Who got all the cool shit.2
* Dominic shoves the jewellery into a pocket or something
Pyotr:
" *
Pyotr:
"Which is now Dominic's."
Pyotr:
"Mullabok does that corpse seem conspicuous to you at all"
Pyotr:
"no?"
Pyotr:
"alright"
DefeatistElitist:
"No, no, this is what happens when you break my rules"
DefeatistElitist:
"Never go off the path without Mullabok there"
* Michelangelo eyebrows raise imperceptibly
Pyotr:
"Fair enough."
DefeatistElitist:
"Simple rules, not always followed"
Dominic:
"Yeah whatever, can we move on already."
Pyotr:
"you got all the loot"
Pyotr:
"quit whining"
DefeatistElitist:
You make it through the swamp without any additional excitement
Dominic:
"Exactly. I'm startin' to like you again, man."
Pyotr:
"cunt."
DefeatistElitist:
as you emerge blinking into the light on the other side, Mullabok leads you down the road
DefeatistElitist:
aaaaaaand let's break for today here
Dominic:
"Yeah don't get me wrong, you're still a dumbass."
Pyotr:
yeah i gott sleep
Dominic:
ok bye
Stella:
aight sounds great
Dominic:
gg guys

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:43 pm

Bloody hell...I've never been fond of swamps or thick forests. It's nice to be back ou- Stella pulls her hood over her eyes to shield them from the blinding light.

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:04 pm

With his eyes closed entirely to avoid having to adjust to the sun, Michelangelo addresses what he hopes is the general direction of Mullabok.
"If I remember rightly, Mullabok, you said you've an idea where to go next?"

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by DefeatistElitist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:47 am

Mullabok takes you back up the road a ways, turning down a side path. After following it for a while, you notice what look like cliffs and hills on the horizon. Mullabok turns to you.

"Their are canyons ahead. The bandits sometimes camp there. Easy to hide, easy to defend. There might be many bandits," says Mullabok, "You should be prepared."

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Pyotr on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:13 pm

"More bandits. Wonderful."

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Nanaba on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:03 pm

"If there are bandits in these hills and cliffs right now, then it's like a castle...how do we siege?"


Last edited by Nanaba on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by sheikiebaby on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:17 pm

"With bullets."

Dominic holds his revolver beside his head, pointing up, and cocks it.

sheikiebaby

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Pyotr on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:44 pm

"We can talk. With our very fleshy mouths and vocal chords and other such organs which blood flows through."

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Michelangelo on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:16 pm

"Indeed. If there are any more fellows like Rob up there, maybe a siege will be unnecessary!"
Michelangelo looks around the group, smiling expectantly.

Spoiler:
ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Lhnl88N

"..Though, he did admit he might've acted differently if he hadn't been ambushed earlier, and had outnumbered us, like I assume they will now.."
His expression subdues itself as he comes back to reality.

"Alright, some force possibly might be required. But being the couple's safety is our priority, I think the optimal scenario would involve their extrication before anything breaks loose, or at least without anybody putting a gun to their heads."
"Cornered criminals sometimes display rather less than perfect judgement, or trigger control, and to the detriment of others," Michelangelo mutters to the side.

"I'd love to resolve the thing with as few bridges burnt as possible, of course, but I worry that even if we aren't shot at on sight, if negotiations go nowhere, they might become all the more wary of an assault, and end up the more prepared for us if we must come for the couple by force later."

Michelangelo frowns, then suddenly lights up.
"Perhaps! -if he's able- Dominic could sneak into, or around, the place, or take up some vantage outside it such that he can find where the couple is held (if they're visible), while Pyotr and I call them to parley from their front door. If things don't go well, perhaps Stella could take an intermediate position between us and Dominic, and signal him (perhaps with a cantrip) as to whether to make a move to sneak them out, attack, or call it off!"

Spoiler:
ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Lhnl88N

"Though I might think we could wait to finalize any details until we come upon the camp, and understand the layout of the area. That plan might go to rot, for example, if the camp is so huge that Stella can't both watch Pyotr and I, and signal Dominic from the same position."

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town - Page 3 Empty Re: ON THE FRONTIER: Leaving Town

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum