That night, and Mission Two

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Michelangelo on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Not much of a position to conceal any more, I suppose.

Michelangelo calls out from behind the rock. "Are you from the same gang we rebuffed in the canyon and met in the swamp? Regardless, you have not caught us unaware- continuing will not win you whatever it is you seek! So cease this attack, and you may go unmolested!"

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Pyotr on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Pyotr remains silent and moves to Y9.

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Michelangelo on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:51 am

Michelangelo grumbles internally and moves 1 up, 3 left, to U13 I think.

[not sure if he has line of sight on #2 in the lit area, or just #4, so I'll do a roll for both. if he does have line of sight on #2, I'd like to make the roll for that one count and not the one for #4, and if he only has LOS on #4 then vice versa. (this is regardless of whether the higher-priority roll hits or not)]
He draws his pistol and fires at whatever figure is in his line of sight.

rollin:
-#2 attack roll = (1d20)-1:
8,-1
Total: 7

damage roll (ha) = (1d6)+0:
2,+0
Total: 2

-#4 attack roll = (1d20)-3:
11,-3
Total: 8

damage roll (hha) = (1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total: 5

Michelangelo assumes his poor marksmanship prevented him from hitting anybody, and tries to play it like it was a warning shot.
"You see? Armed! Either leave, or come to parley, and do it before you regret coming at all!"

just in case a diplomacy roll would be at all relevant for this request:
Roll(1d20)+7:
17,+7
Total: 24

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by DefeatistElitist on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Michelangelo's shot misses the bandit standing in the light.

 "'Fraid we can't go back now even if we wanted to, got a lotta friends behind us," yells a bandit back, "They should be coming along any minute, just you wait and see."

Bandit actions to come.

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by DefeatistElitist on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:56 am

Two of the bandits charge towards Pyotr, but in the darkness he is able to avoid their swords. A third bandit fires a bullet wildly and blindly, missing everything. A second shot rings out, however, and Pyotr is struck. Luckily, it seems it was not a normal bullet, as he is not dead. Unluckily, it was not a normal bullet, and he is on fire (11 damage, and 2 ongoing fire damage until you save against it [a d20 roll at the end of every turn, if you roll above 10 you end the effect]).

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 KVFv7Rd

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by sheikiebaby on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:15 pm

"Well well, hope the Lord's on my side this time...this shot will send you to hell! Or halfway there, at any rate."

1d20+7 → [2,7] = (9)

It's a shitty stupid miss.

"SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK"

sheikiebaby

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Pyotr on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Pyotr shouts back "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT YOU FUCKING BONY CUNT, I HOPE YOU DIE AGAIN"

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Nanaba on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:20 am

Stella moves to U9 and sets off a Burning Hands at the bandits next to Pyotr.

Bandit 1:
hit:11+4=15

damage: 8 + 4 = 12

Bandit 2:
hit:10+4=14

damage:9 + 4 = 13

OOC: Coordinated Explosion Bonus

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Pyotr on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Pyotr places an Aegis on Bandit 2, uses Earthshock (move action -> minor action) and attacks him with Greenflame Blade.

Earthshock:
Roll(1d20)+5:
7,+5
Total:12

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Greenflame Blade:

Hit:
Roll(1d20)+7:
11,+7
Total:18

Damage:
Roll(1d8)+4:
6,+4
Total:10

fire roll:
Roll(1d20)+0:
4,+0
Total:4

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Michelangelo on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Michelangelo groans, and tries a different approach, continuing to shout into the midnight ether. "The sheriff and an entourage will be back here in the morning, as well! And furthermore, what's here isn't, I mean,"
"Oh for spit's sake, it's simply not the of same nature as any old chest of jewels, ready for the looting! It's a mineral deposit, stuff to be mined! There's no way you'll get yourself a proper haul by just, just, stuffing some of it in your pockets, and... running..."
A [Dommes equivalent to a light bulb] turns on in Michelangelo's head as his voice trails off.

Full of purpose, he moves to U13 and hurls a plume of Sacred Flame through the dark at bandit #2 [giving Pyotr a saving throw, or like 3 temp hit points if he wants], quickly intones a Healing Word to mend Pyotr's wounds, and speaks once more.

L O L:
Sacred Flame attack roll(1d20)+2:
20,+2
Total: 22

Damage roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
Total: 4

Healing Word roll(1d6)+0:
1,+0
Total: 1


"This particular find is already known to Haussian authorities, and I'd wager trying to wrangle it from them will likely be the death of you, even if you strike us down tonight. BUT! I can secure you funding if you'll agree to search for another such deposit. And furthermore, I can offer a legitimate buyer- no black market necessary, no fighting with the locals. What say you?"

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by DefeatistElitist on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 am

Using the flames from Stella's spell as a distraction, and despite the flames still burning on his body (2 more damage), Pyotr shifts the earth underneath bandit #2's feet, knocking the man the ground, before stabbing him with an exploding sword (10 damage to bandit #2, 3 damage to bandit #4, both are now bloodied). Michelangelo, filled with righteous fury directs even more fire at the prone bandit #2, and the man quickly expires (you crit so automatically did max damage, which was 6+4 = 10, enough to kill him). This impressive display, however, fails to put out the fire on Pytor (I rolled a saving throw for him and got a 1 Sad).

Bandit actions tomorrow.

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Pyotr on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:57 pm

"IT'S ALL RIGHT. I'M ALL RIGHT. IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN ON FIRE. I AM JUST SAYING HOWEVER. IT IS NOT-- IT IS NOT PLEASANT"

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by DefeatistElitist on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 am

The bandit swordsman, seeing his comrade fall, dances away from Pyotr without leaving himself open, before stabbing at Stella. Stella deftly sidesteps the blow however, as a shot from the other bandits misses Pyotr. One of the distant bandits seems to have picked up the lantern, however, and hurls it. It shatters, but not before igniting the dry grass and spreading outward.

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 DDO3xtO

Pyotr is back at full health after Michelangelo's healing. The orange circle is where the fire is at. Being in the fire will subject you to an attack, and anyone within 5 squares of a square with fire in it is illuminated, and has no penalties to attacks against them.

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Michelangelo on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:22 pm

"You have my word, as an ambassador of Assanti! We may easily find mutual, unrestricted profit in a joint venture!"
Michelangelo produces his sack of coin and shakes it for effect, as his voice grows more agitated. "What say you!?"

Further frustrated by the lack of response, he turns to Pyotr and Stella, his eyes darting between their illuminated faces. Michelangelo points at bandit 4. "Don't kill that one, if you can help it! Subdue him, then drag him further back and tie him up, if they give you a moment's opening."
He then swivels around to Dominic, and does his best to communicate, "so help me, God," with only his facial expression.


Last edited by Michelangelo on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Nanaba on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Stella glares at the bandit that just tried to stab her, the old wound on her abdomen seeming to ache with nostalgia. No can do...if there's anything I know about this world, it's that I can either kill...or be killed...!

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Pyotr on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:12 pm

"MICHELANGELO, I AM ON FUCKING FIRE"

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by sheikiebaby on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Dominic grits his teeth and makes annoyed noises.

"Lord if you don't give me this one..."

He cocks his .45, aims at bandit 4 and LETS LOOSE

1d20+7 → [4,7] = (11)

"FUCKING HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

His bellow echoes all over the world.

sheikiebaby

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Nanaba on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Stella retreats to R10 and fires a Magic Missile at Bandit 4 (6 damage).

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Pyotr on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Pyotr points his rapier at bandit 4.

"OI YOU CUNT. YOU HAVE THREE SECONDS TO THROW DOWN YOUR WEAPON AND SURRENDER BEFORE I FUCKING FLAME FLOP YOUR HEAD OFF YOUR FUCKING SHOULDERS. DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND?"

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Pyotr on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:14 pm

INTIMIDATION ROLL:
Roll(1d20)+0:
1,+0
Total:1

Pyotr's voice cracks and wheezes as he yells his threat. It sounds more like he's begging, or maybe reassuring himself, or maybe like he's trying to speak while also trying to be on fire.

Spoiler:
That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 3LKVSuy

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Pyotr on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Pyotr shrugs and drops whatever he is doing to make a full sprint and drop tackle the shit out of bandit 4.

Pyotr

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Michelangelo on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:16 pm

"Oh soldier on, you know we'll put it out eventually! Or, at least, uh, keep it from, er, killing you. You're in good hands, is the takeaway. Also, if you could take away that man there, that would be- yes just like that"

Michelangelo has at least enough sense not to voice the following.
He's an Earthsoul, right? How much of him is rock? Do rocks burn? How is he burning?

He aims between Pyotr and Stella, and hurls a subduing bolt of sacred flame at bandit 4.

Attack Roll(1d20)+2:
16,+2
Total: 18

Damage Roll(1d6)+0:
3,+0
Total: 3

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by DefeatistElitist on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Stella's missile strikes the bandit in the chest, and Pyotr hurls himself after it at full speed, knocking the man down. As the two tumble to the ground, a combination of the Genasi's force of impact and the flames on his body knock the bandit into unconsciousness. As Michelangelo's blast of flame flies towards the other two bandits, they flee, heading back up the canyon. Pyotr extinguishes his flames.

100 XP all around.

DefeatistElitist
Admin

Posts : 79
Join date : 2014-02-28

https://onthefrontier.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Michelangelo on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:19 pm

"Perfect! Pyotr, if I could trouble you again so soon, I'd wager you could tie him up the most securely of any of us, and I've got some rope in my kit at the ready. I move that we take our bandit friend back to the campsite, and prepare to discuss some, matters of importance, shall we say. We may see if he proves amenable to our position once he has to sit and listen to it."

Wouldn't hurt to try prying out exactly what they know, either.

[OOC: the DC of escaping restraints when tied up by ropes depend on an athletics check by the one tying the the person up, right?]

Michelangelo

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Nanaba on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:26 pm

Stella procures some rope from her adventurer's kit and ties the bandit up. Not like this will take much effort, since he can't resist...

Nanaba

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

That night, and Mission Two - Page 3 Empty Re: That night, and Mission Two

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum